The following is information regarding 5 workshops being offered this spring at Dunbar Heights Baptist Church. All workshops will be a combination of teaching, small group activities, individual activities, being interactive and varied every time. For Registration for any or all of these workshops, please fill out the form below Price is $10 per person per session. All workshops are offered on Monday evenings and will run from 6:30pm - 8pm. Childcare is offered at a nominal fee please see registration form below.
Spring Workshop Series
Workshop 1: Depression- Understanding the fog in our own lives and those around us - Monday April 18th, 2016
- What is depression?
- How do we experience it?
- How can we support and help those in our lives who are experiencing depression?
- Skills and tools while going through depression
- How do we turn towards liking life again?
Workshop 2: Couples unity and we-ness workshop* - Monday May 2nd, 2016
* it is recommended for this workshop for both members of the couple to attend- there will be exercises done in couples
- Unpacking the concept of we-ness - what is it anyway?
- The importance of we-ness in our relationships
- interacting with other examples of we-ness
- exploring our own sense of unity and togtherness
Workshop 3: Anxiety- How to support those around us and a special focus on kid's anxiety - Monday May 16, 2016
- psycho-ed around anxiety and ways in which to deal with it
- what can we do with fear? where in our lives do we experience it? How does this look for our spirituality?
- being vs. doing and what that looks like
- what our go-to coping reactions are and identifying healthy vs. unhealthy reactions
- How can we support those around us who are experiencing anxiety?
- What is the difference with kids with anxiety? How can we support them?
Workshop 4: Self-Care (encore from the Fall) - Monday May 30, 2016
- - what is the difference between self-care, selfish, and self-less?
- - identifying the need for self-care in our lives
- - activity- where does my energy go? what fills me up, what takes it away?
- - self-care wheels - when one part of the wheel isn’t working the whole thing isn’t working
- - coming up with self-care activities for each area of our life
- - Q & A around self-care
Workshop 5: Boundaries (Encore from the fall) - Monday June 13th, 2016
- part of self-care includes saying no. Why do we have such a hard time saying no?
- - what does it mean to have boundaries? what does that look like?
- - addressing the difference between boundaries, assertiveness and aggression
- - practicing making and maintaining boundaries
Please register to guarantee your spot in the workshop. Fee for each session is $10. Please bring payment with you to the workshop when you check-in.